Learn The Secrets Record Labels Use To Grow Organic Audiences
We are artist empowerment. Throughout our careers we have worked with some of the most influential talent in the modern era. Some of the talent that we have worked with include Peter Tosh, Jay Z, 45 King, Cypress Hill, Hunter Hayes, Twenty-One Pilots, and many more. Artists, Producers, Composers, Songwriters, Managers, Studio Owners, Labels, Publishers, and more, our strategies are used every day with some of your favorite talent. We educate, advise, develop, and empower creators to develop their BUSINESS and own their creative career.
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS: A&R’S, MARKETING, PUBLISHERS, MUSIC SUPERVISORS
GENERAL TOPICS THAT WE COVER
- What’s in a copyright – An overview of what constitutes a copyright and when does a copyright exist
- Split Sheets – What, When, Who, Why, the importance of split sheets.
- Copyright Registration – No, mailing it to yourself does not work in court!
- Performing Rights Societies – What the hell are they and what do they do and why you neen one.
- Basic Legal – Things you should know about music contracts and agreements
- Managers/Agents – What do they do, when should you get one, how do you find one?
- Publishing Basics – Building catalog, organization, metadata, and more.
- Sync School – Basic Synch Terminology, use cases, and an overview of how to secure your own?
- Studio Flow – What do you want your studio business to look like?
- Mixing with the Masters – Featuring a guest engineer that breaks down techniques, tips, and their workflow.
- Pitch It – Attendees are provided with a creative brief and are given feedback on their pitch.
- Catalog It – How to scale, position, and market your catalog!
- Brand Basics – Who are you and how do you communicate that?
- Strategy 101 – A look inside how we create campaigns that create leverage and momentum.
- Pre-Game – How your campaign package should look BEFORE you start promoting.
- Game Time – Execution starts before the release, campaign managment featuring a Guest Speaker.
FUTURE PROOFING YOUR CAREER
- New technology application and best practices.
- Blockchain Solutions for the creative industry.
- Responsible cryptocurrency application.
- How artists can use NFT’s to engage audience.
- Bridging the gap between new tech and the legacy system.
- Important Factors on Copyrights, Cryptocurrency & NFT’s.
- Get your books straight – If you don’t know your numbers you don’t know your bsuiness.
- Merchandising – When and How to get started.
- Establish your value and get your price.
- Building to access the resources needed for growth.
- Find your team, Managing the big picture.
THE NUMBERS DECODED
THE NUMBERS ARE NOT JUST STREAMING NUMBERS
REAL ENGAGEMENT DOES NOT HAPPEN WITHOUT SOME HELP
FAKE STREAMS, FOLLOWS, & LIKES CAN DESTROY YOUR CAREER
MERCHANDISE AND TICKET REVENUE STARTS WITH ENGAGEMENT
LEARN THE TECHNIQUES & STRATEGIES WE USE FOR OUR LABEL CLIENTS
GET ON THE MAILING LIST
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Former Warner Music Group Director of Licensing, Hakim is 3rd generation music industry with a background in Computer Science and is a prolific strategist. He has been recognized as an expert of publishing and copyrights and brings with him a proven record of success in talent acquisition, development, strategy & implementation across all aspects of the consumer industries. Hakim built and sold a music company and has served as an executive in the Silicon Valley.
Jerry is passionate and skilled in both music and sport. Jerry served as Music Director for Fox Sports for 16 years and is well connected professionally within multiple industries; including professional sports, music, television, academia and philanthropy. Jerry also worked at ASCAP, Interscope, and Capitol Records. Jerry is also widely credited with building the first urban label inside Interscope Records and pioneering the use of popular music in sports and sports promotion.
David Lotwin is considered one of the most influential people in the history of urban music and marketing. He started his career living in Jamaica working with some of the biggest reggae artists of all time including such greats as Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, and Dennis Brown and was the co-founder of the most influential studio in hip-hop history, D&D Studios. D&D Studios was a place where stars were born, and GOATs were made. Jay-Z called D&D Studios the mecca.